What Determines Eligibility for Preschool Intervention?
An abilities assessment will be performed by the NA-FC Early Intervention Specialists.
Following this assessment, the Case Conference Committee that includes parents, a school representative, and an Early Intervention Specialist will work together to determine if your child is eligible for an early intervention preschool program. The following are disabling conditions for eligibility:
- Developmental Delay – For preschool students only, delay(s) in one or more developmental areas.
- Language or Speech Impairment
- AutismSpectrum Disorder
- Blind or Low Vision
- Cognitive Disability
- Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Emotional Disability
- Multiple Disabilities
- Orthopedic Impairment – A physical impairment affecting mobility.
- Other Health Impairment Manifested by limited strength, vitality or alertness due to chronic or acute health problems.
- Specific Learning Disability
- Traumatic Brain Injury – Injury to the brain resulting in total or partial disability that adversely affects a student’s educational performance.